Tamil Cinema News Tamil Chat, TamilChat Tamil Chatting Portal Download Tamil Songs, Download Tamil MP3 Songs

Friday 24 August 2012

‘I’m cast opposite Appu kutty’

Vaishali aka Ramya in Mollywood is debuting in Tamil with an impressive role in Mannaru.

The actress was excited when she came to grasp that she was paired opposite National Award winning actor Appu Kutty.“I have done few ads in Malayalam and a small character role in a movie called Three Kings. Mannaru’s director Jaishankar chanced upon seeing me in an ad, and that i cast me on this coveted role,” says the chirpy girl.

Sources say that the actress will play a de-glam village belle with tan makeup in Mannaru, which also has another heroine Swathy within the lead. “I knew about it once I heard the script.

I am cast opposite Appu Kutty and that i found my role both challenging and meaty. I USED TO BE convinced that the presence of another heroine hardly mattered,” says Vaishali.

The director ensured that the entire team was given a four weeks workshop before the shooting began. “My director would enact everyone’s part in a scene and we need to just ape him. That made my job easy.”

Despite being a Malayali, Vaishali has dubbed in her own voice in Tamil and is vying for an award. “If awards come, I'M happy.

But basically, it elevates a personality when you speak for your own voice,” she laughs. About her costar Appu she says, “He is someone who's very all the way down to earth. He was very helpful and gave me valuable tips in acting”.

She says that her role model is ace actress Revathy and desires to earn a reputation of an actress with substance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.