Tamil Cinema News Tamil Chat, TamilChat Tamil Chatting Portal Download Tamil Songs, Download Tamil MP3 Songs

Thursday 17 May 2012

I’m on top of the arena: Devi Sri Prasad

Top Telugu and Tamil music director Devi Sri Prasad popularly referred to as DSP is riding a wave. His Telugu Pawan Kalyan’s Gabbar Singh has turned out to be a runaway super hit.

DSP’s music for GS especially the song Pilla..has become a rage. The intense and young music director takes time of his busy schedule to talk to Sreedhar Pillai.

Q. Gabbar Singh is popping out to be a really perfect hit and your music for the film is topping the charts. Please commentI’m on top of the sector. On the audio launch itself, Pawan Kalyan sir told me that each song within the album is mindblowing. Now I’m happy that his words have come true and the film is popping out to be a blockbuster and music is being appreciated. My special way to director Harish Shankar for making it a success.

Q. The song you wrote, Pillaa.. is popping out to be the chartbuster.I had written for 5 or six films earlier but nothing like Pillaa.. song.Harish wanted a mass song, and that i tweaked it slightly and made it classy, jointly with a mass touch. The entire song was written keeping in mind the smile of a woman. A folk singer Vaddepalli Srinivas rendered it well and Pawan Kalyan’s dialogue interlude within the song blended beautifully at the side of Harish Shankar’s picturisation using drummers within the background worked with the audiences.

Q. Is writing on your blood as your dad was a college teacher and a writer?

Yes, I'VE imbibed writing from my dad, and feature written lyrics for a couple of Telugu movies earlier(Shankar Dada). But Pillaa was different as every lyricist like Chandrabose garu,Ramajogayya garu, Sahiti garu,Bhaskarabatla garu appreciated me for the lyrics. I became very emotional when the legendary Sitarama Shastry garu called me and praised me for my Pillaa lyrics. It was nearly as good as getting an award.

Q. You appear to be doing more Telugu films than Tamil?It just happened that I’m doing about 7 films in Telugu with top stars at the present time. In Tamil I’m doing Karthi’s Alex Pandian and all of the songs have pop out well. Karthi just loves my music and he remembers all my Telugu numbers. I’m also doing Hari sir’s Singam 2 with Suriya sir. Now we have already recorded two songs for the album.

Q. What’s happening in your Bollywood front especially after Salman’s Ready song Dhinka Chinka an adaptation of Ring a Ringa became rage?At the instant I’m doing the title song for Kabeer Kaushik’s Maximum which has Naseeruddin Shah and Sonu Sood. They have got picked my Aa Ante song from Arya. I must be doing a movie for Salman Khan soon, as he has told me that he loves my music.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.