Tamil Cinema News Tamil Chat, TamilChat Tamil Chatting Portal Download Tamil Songs, Download Tamil MP3 Songs

Friday 30 November 2012

Neerparavai made me a confident actor: Sunaina

She’s back at the scene and the way! With a wonderfully realistic performance in Seenu Ramasamy’s Neerparavai, produced by Red Giant Movies, Sunaina has proved once more that she’s an actor to observe out for. Picky about her roles, the actor talks in regards to the experience of working in Neerparavai and how the film has changed her..

What’s your role like within the film?I play Esther, an orphan Christian girl who works in a Church, in a fishing village set during 1980’s. She falls in love with a neighborhood drunken, wastrel played by Vishnu. How their life changes is the story.

It’s a realistically portrayed character, different from the standard masala fare. How did you prepare for it?Yes, that’s true, its different from the jobs I’ve done up to now. So I USED TO BE nervous. Seenu sir had only told me to wind up on shoot and take it from there. I had no preparation of any kind. My biggest fear was that I had no reference for this sort of character from the 80’s. My eyes needed to do all of the talking mostly. Dialogues are less within the film. So I USED TO BE confused. But Seenu is a brilliant director. He changed me completely. He just told me to not act, and follow my heart in every scene. He said my feelings would show in my eyes. And that’s exactly what I did. Such a lot so, I BEGAN crying within the scenes with none glycerin.

So had the film changed you in any way?Yes! My entire view of acting has changed post Neerparavai! It has made me more confident as an actor. From now on, I WILL BE ABLE TO never be nervous before a movie. And that’s because Seenu sir taught me to feel deeply what I'M doing and get completely into the character.

How was it working with Vishnu?Vishnu is a superb actor. Something we share in common is that like me, he too takes his work very seriously. In fact, he plays a drunk within the film or even after the shot, if I spoke to him,  he would still be in drunk like state, talking with a slur! I USED TO BE amazed to peer his dedication to the nature to make it real! I USED TO BE really happy to work with someone like him!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.