Tamil Cinema News Tamil Chat, TamilChat Tamil Chatting Portal Download Tamil Songs, Download Tamil MP3 Songs

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Samantha has the spunk

Actress Samantha won't have made her mark in Kollywood yet, however the petite lass has two of K’town’s most anticipated films in her kitty.The buzz created by Neethaane En Ponvasantham and Kadal indicates the easiest setting for Samantha to profit and alter her fortunes.

Speaking to this newspaper from Hyderabad, where she is currently shooting for Autonagar Surya opposite Naga Chaitanya, Samantha couldn’t be more ready for a dream innings in tinsel town.

Ever since her debut in Ye Maaya Chesave with Naga Chaitanya, the 24-year-old has worked with probably the most biggest names in Telugu cinema, including Mahesh Babu and Jr NTR.

The Chennai girl says, “I had a ‘dream debut’ in Tollywood and received good offers there. My films have done well and I’m very blessed with the love, affection and opportunities I'VE received there.”

Samantha acknowledges, however, that she hasn’t met with the similar success here. “My first two films in Tamil didn’t do too well. But I'M HOPING to get that elusive break here soon.”

And, why won’t she? Now, that she is about to star in a Mani Ratnam movie.

“I auditioned for the role in Kadal and only God knows what number of others auditioned for it too! I can’t stay up for the shooting, which was delayed by the strike. Anybody would really like to work with Mani Ratnam,” she says.

We will, however, see Samantha in Neethaane En Ponvasantham before Kadal. “The film is in its last stages and it's been quite a challenge,” concedes Samantha, who needed to shoot for the trilingual simultaneously. “ I AM HOPING the hassle pays off,” she says.

While the Tamil version stars Jiiva within the lead, Samantha may be seen opposite Nani and Aditya Roy Kapoor within the Telugu and Hindi versions respectively. “ All three made my life such a lot easier. I’m sure there would has been catfights,” she laughs.

But Samantha reserves the most efficient for her mentor and guide, Gautham Menon. “He is my favorite director,” she gushes immediately. “The trilingual have been achievable as a result of him and he’s possibly the rationale I’m here today,” she says fondly.

With her stars set to soar, Samantha firmly has her feet planted on ground. “I haven’t changed and my friends remain the similar. It’s just that I happen to have a glamorous job.”

Samantha continues to enjoy a lifetime of a young person and is normally spotted hanging out with friends.

“I don’t get mobbed,” she laughs. “I guess people don’t recognise me because they believe I’m so much bigger. Little do they know I’m quite small!”

Copy the code below in your web site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.