Tamil Cinema News Tamil Chat, TamilChat Tamil Chatting Portal Download Tamil Songs, Download Tamil MP3 Songs

Saturday 1 December 2012

An unforgettable experience: Vishnu

Vishnu, the young actor who got noticed in his debut film Vennila Kabaddi Kuzhu, is now back several films later, with another realistic performance in Red Giant’s Neerparavaidirected by Seenu Ramasamy. The actor who plays a drunk fisherman from the 1980’s talks about what went into the making of the film and takes us behind the curtain into his performance..

Tell us about your role within the film.I play Arulappa Samy, a drunken youth who lives in a fishing village. He falls in love with Esther, an orphan girl and the way his life takes an entire turn is the story.

You’re a city bred guy. How was it transforming yourself right into a fisherman?

This was one movie I just waiting to start out work on! I loved the script from day one! For me, that is one unforgettable experience. I got completely concerned about the script and whatever physical hardships came, we endured comfortably. We didn’t do any rehearsals in any respect. We shot in Manapaad and the beaches nearby. As per Seenu sir’s advice, I MIGHT wander along the shore, observing the fishemen and their body language and being used to the salt water on my skin. I got a deep tan and my skin started to peel off in the course of the shoot! I learnt to deal with a catamaran and would go fishing early morning with the fishermen. All this helped me get into character I ASSUME. In fact, one day, I USED TO BE walking at the beach in local costume and my wife who was AD within the film, didn’t recognize me within the crowd! I learnt to live with the ocean and sand. In truth even after five washes with Dettol, the sand could still be found on bodies !

You needed to placed on and reduce weight as well?Yes, the film has two looks for me. So I needed to placed on weight after which lose it in 20 days ! 

How was it working with Sunaina?She could be very dedicated. For hours she needed to be standing amongst the salty waves within the sun, but  she never hesitated for a moment. It was not easy, getting hit by the massive waves under the recent sun…

How was it working with a countrywide Award winner like Seenu Ramasamy? He has praised your work within the film…Whatever you spot on screen is due to him. I'M happy he got out my best from me and transformed me into the character.He was very strict to get what he wanted. But he also gave us a large number of freedom. It was an enormous learning experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.